- Welcome to worship at Zion’s.
Each week we gather as a faith community to share a common experience as we individually and collectively love and magnify God. We invite you to join us this Sunday for a worship service that can provide both a joyous and reflective setting for our busy lives.
Two traditional worship services are held every Sunday in our historic sanctuary. Join us at 8:15 or 10:45 a.m. and participate in a service of Scripture, song and inspiring words of faith. For the month of August there will be one service at 9:30 each Sunday.
As you enter our “old brick church” in Pottstown’s historic district, you’ll be greeted and welcomed into our worship of God. The weekly bulletin will guide you through the service which includes:
- Greetings, announcements, responsive readings, and prayer.
- Music: The service integrates varied and inspiring music including traditional and newer hymns; organ, piano, and instrumental music; as well as musical selections from our choir
- A sermon by our pastor Rev. Linda Higgins that applies scripture to our everyday lives.
- Fellowship among parishioners with a genuine warmth and friendliness
The First Sunday is served the first Sunday of every month and Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter and other times as designated by the consistory.
Special Worship Services
- Christmas Season – During the Christmas season Zion’s offers several worship services including: a special Christmas music service, an early Christmas Eve Family service, a candlelight Christmas Eve service telling the Christmas story in scripture and carols at 11 p.m.
- Wednesdays during Lent – Our Wednesday evening services are at 7:30 p.m. They are followed by a time of fellowship with refreshments in Fellowship Hall.This year our series will be on Learning to Forgive using Appreciative Strategies to resolve grief, resentment and other hard memories.
- Easter Season – Our Holy Week services begin with a joyous celebration of Palm Sunday and include both a Maundy Thursday service with Communion around the table followed by Tenabrae, as well as our traditional (Easter Worship) and Holy Communion.